What ? Bollywood Parks™ Dubai
When? Open Thursday 17th November- 7 days a week, 6:00pm-1:00am
Where? Sheik Zayed Road, opposite Palm Jebel Ali
Price? AED 285 per adult
We witnessed the regions largest integrated theme park destination; Dubai Parks and Resorts, unveil Bollywood Park with a colorful and captivating opening event.
5 Zones inspired by Bollywood Blockbusters.
- Mumbai Chowk - replicates the busy streets, the foodie, partying and shopping spirit of the legendary city. This zone also has the much talked about ‘Don the Chase’, a 3D chase through the city of Dubai with Megastar SRK and Dubai police.
- Bollywood Boulevard - Portrays the vibrant colors of the city. It houses ‘crossroads’, a grand theatre with old and new Bollywood hit performances staged there. ‘Rock On’, a spirited restaurant with a live band is also part of this space.
- Rustic Ravine - Showcases rural India and the multi-cultural village settings. One of the attractions in this area is ‘The hunt for Gabbar Singh’ a 3D ride. ‘Lagaan’, an indoor family zone area features Aamir Khan and motion simulators reflecting scenes from the movie. The ‘Spicy Dhaba’ restaurant offers the unforgettable flavors of rural India.
- Royal Plaza - This space boasts of RajMahal theatre, which is an 850 seater space showcasing Broadway style live shows with Mughal-e-Azam fine dining restaurant just next door.( Both priced separately)
- Bollywood Film studios - Featuring hall of heroes.
- 30 shows a day, with 400 performers.
The Lows - We were disappointed that most of the attractions and rides are still under construction. From the limited selection on offer now, a main ride was experiencing technical issues, which held up people for an extended period, queuing for the same.
Tips - We would highly recommend you visit this space in the New year as all the attractions are promised to be operational then.
The Highlights- The food on offer from fine dining to street style, it all looks promising. The parks elaborate centerpiece, a Taj Mahal inspired theatre, is worth a trip just to be wowed and to snap some great pictures. Bollywood parks brings to Dubai the glitz and glamor of the flamboyant Indian movie industry and the charm of the buzzing Mumbai city.