Dubai is home to some of the world's best and finest, and it boasts a cutting-edge dining scene.It has placed itself on the international map as a 'must-visit culinary destination’. It was a delicious experience savoring a wealth of flavors and cuisines on offer in Dubai this Iftar season. The offerings ranged from regional favorites to international delicacies, which was as diverse as the city itself.
Here is a run-down of the spots you will want to visit to experience an iftar, offering everything from Middle Eastern favorites to global cuisine. The list is a mix of wallet-friendly, seriously good food places, to fine-dining splurges with sparkling service.
PER TE RISTORANTE E CAFÉ
Per Te Ristorante e Café, one of Jumeirah’s finest Italian restaurants, hosts alternative Iftar with an Italian twist
- Lentil soup with mushroom tortellini
- Arabic-inspired bread platter with muhammara sauce, hummus and arrabbiata sauce
- Platter including burrata cheese, crab cake with pesto mayonnaise, grilled polenta, vine leaves stuffed with rice, arancini stuffed with spinach and feta cheese, baby spinach with bresaola and fig, grilled prawns with turkey bacon and more
- Lamb shanks with fresh garden risotto
- Seafood with Tunisian couscous
- Grilled baby chicken with traditional Arabic spicy potatoes
- Beef tournedos steak with creamy mushrooms and traditional jarjir salad
- Date semifreddo
- Crema Bruciata - rich custard topped with layer of hard caramel and served with fresh mix berries
In addition, complimentary dates, fruit platter, and Ramadan beverages are served to all guests.This season Per Te will be open from Iftar until 2am.
Per Te is located in Villa no. 54, Street 12C, Behind Jumeirah Plaza, Jumeirah 1. The restaurant is open daily from 12pm to 11.30pm on weekdays and from 12pm to late on weekends. For more information or reservations, contact 04 344 6455 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Radisson Blu Hotel, Dubai Deira Creek
As part of the hotel’s 40th-anniversary celebration Radisson Blu Hotel, Dubai Deira Creek invites guests to enjoy the vast buffet for iftar, filled with an array of traditional dishes and international delicacies. The hotel is running special promotions throughout the year to celebrate their 40th anniversary. This month every guest that visits with 4 people will only pay for 3.
Iftar buffet is priced at AED 149 with a vast buffet of over 200 traditional and international dishes from 8 award winning restaurants.
For more information or bookings contact Tel. 00971 4 2057031. www.radissonblu.com
Dubai’s fast-casual Japanese restaurant, hosts alternative Iftars.
- Japanese katsu curry – fried/grilled chicken or mixed vegetables
- Mixed green salad
- Miso soup
- Steamed rice
- Date mochi – Japanese ice cream made with dates
The Iftar menu is priced at AED 60 and AED 45 for the chicken and vegetarian options respectively.
Chez Sushi is located in Wasl Square (Al Wasl Road), Dubai Marina and Bay Square (Business Bay) and has recently opened a new outlet in Arabian Ranches. For more information or bookings, email email@example.com or call 800-78744.
Dubai’s casual Mexican restaurant, hosts Iftars with a twist.
- SOUPS (Choice of) Guajillo Cauliflower and Lentil & Tomato
- SALADS (Choice of): Mexican Chopped Salad and Market Salad
- MAIN DISHES (Choice of) Crispy Stuffed Chicken and Shrimps Enchilada
- DESSERTS - Hot Mexican Doughnuts
- DRINKS (choice of) Jalapeno Mint & Cucumber Yogurt., Jallab Drink and Soft Drinks
Iftar menu is priced at 89AED
For more information or bookings visit http://www.rosamexicano.com/
PizzaExpress, Ibn Battuta
- Ramadan Honey Date Dough Balls
- Ramadan juices such as Laban Up and Kamaruddin juice
- Make-your-own salad bar with mix capsicums, olives, roasted chicken, turkey ham and more
- Traditional Arabic appetizers such as hommos and tabouleh
- PizzaExpress salads such as the salad nicoise, Leggera Superfood Salad
- A variety ofItalian soups from broccoli soup to Italian bean soup
- Italian inspired mains such as beef lasagne and cannelloni Spinach and Ricotta
- PizzaExpress pizzas from Sloppy Giuseppe to La Reine
- Traditional and Italian desserts from umm ali to risotto dolce
From sundown until 9.30pm, PizzaExpress Ibn Battuta serves an Iftar buffet with a difference, priced at Aed69 per person.
For more information or reservations call 04 3685134