Have you decided to stay back and explore Dubai options this summer? Are you lost for ideas to entertain kids for the holidays in Dubai? Fret not, we've got you covered. I have had countless number of folks asking me 'as one of the best parenting blogs what are your thoughts on kids entertainment options in Dubai?' I would generally be lost for words as i hardly explored summer options in the city..well, Not anymore! So we at Cocoon to Butterfly have made an intentional attempt to research, approach and experience the city's offerings for kids this summer. All of the below attractions has been personally tried and tested by Cocoon to Butterfly kids and comes highly recommended by the little tribe and parents. Of all the different options we tried and tested the below list is cherry picked.
Looking for things to do for free with Kids in Dubai
1.Dubai Sports World, World Trade Center.
Do you have a little sports enthusiast at home? Why not introduce them to Badminton. This summer, Dubai Sports world offers coaching clinics for kids and adults of all ages. At Sports World they offer six full sized courts where the participants are guided through the rules and skills of the game on a weekday.
On a weekend you can make prior bookings of the court to master the new skill learned. The best news: This is all for free!!
Contact : Dubai Sports World, Dubai World Trade center, 04- 306 4000 for court bookings.
Timings: Coaching clinic from 8 am to 4pm on a weekday. Court booking: 8am to midnight on a weekend
2. Feed the turtles at Madinat Jumeirah.
Visit the sanctuary and holding pen situated close to the entrance of Mina A' Salam pool and next to Wharf Restaurant. Craft memories as you and your child indulge in a Turtle feeding session. The sessions are scheduled for Wednesday at 11 am and Friday at 1pm. These are absolutely free. After a fun time, you may choose to relax with your lil munchkins at a restaurant of your choice in Mina A Salam.
3. The change Initiative, Sheik Zayed Road.
Looking to make new mommy friends? Every Tuesday at 10:30am a group of moms and babies meet up to share motherhood and baby adventures. The group has story telling and singing which keeps the mini sparks entertained. Enjoy this group for Free
For the Best Deals for kids this summer
1. Splash 'n' Party- Cocoon to Butterfly play group with parents tested this new destination in Dubai- The first of its kind in the region that combines aquatic, health and recreational activities to create a fun-filled unique experience. They are offering an absolutely delightful Ramdan offer: June 5- July 3rd, Buy 1 (ticket for 1 is AED 100) and get 1 entry free. With extensive additional art & craft activities, health conscious restaurants and on site production services that create the most unforgettable and immersive birthday party experiences. Splash 'n' Party caters to the entire family, complying with the highest safety regulations and unlike bigger water parks, offers an intimate gated and secure setting where parents can really relax. This comes Highly recommended by Cocoon to Butterfly kids and parents!
Contact: 04- 388 3008 Splash 'n' Party, Villa 1, Street 8a, Al Safa 2. For more info contact www.splashnparty.ae
2. Tee and Putt- A glow in the dark Mini golf treat with 18 hole mini golf centers posing obstacles and interesting challenges at Wafi Mall. Every Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday buy one ticket and get the second one at 50% off. On a weekday you enjoy unlimited rounds when one round per person is purchased.
Contact: Wafi mall 800 MINI GOLF(800 6464 4653) Arabian Center 04 239 3636. Price: For a group of 3 and more, Mini Golf AED 65. Single- AED 75. For children below 44 inches in height AED 50.
3. Kidzventure Kids club at Double tree Hilton, Jumeirah Beach. Kidzventure has supervised play area with soft play, crafts, pretend play ; kitchen corner, shopping corner and more. The summer specials include, Sunday buy one hour(Aed 45) and get second hour free . Monday's supervised by parents- buy one hour (Aed 30) get additional hours at (Aed 20). Mondays Unsupervised, (Aed 45) for first hour and (Aed 25) for every additional hour. Meditation for moms while kids play is Aed 100
Contact: Double Tree Hilton, Jumeirah Beach, Janelle 052 276 8237. Kidzventure Ibn Battuta 04 368 4130
Art and Craft activities for kids
1. The jam Jar- The jam jar art studio awakens the creative and art genius in you child as they promote a wild time with paint, boards and brushes. Worry no more of having to clean up stains and messy table tops at home. Take advantage of the attractive summer deal till the end of August: 15% discount on all painting packages during weekdays.
Contact: The jam jar, Al Quoz, AlSerkal Avenue. 04-341 7303. Open Monday to Saturday. Sunday closed.
2. The Cartoon Art Gallery- Art classes available weekdays and weekends for kids. Classes include pencil drawing and coloring, Water color for beginners, Cartooning and Charcoal
Contact: Cartoon Art Gallery, Al Quoz. 04- 346 6467
kids Summer Camps in Dubai 2016
1. IFA Sport. Do you have a kid like mine who cant stop thinking of football? If you are scouting for a football camp for your 4-16 year old then this sure fits the bill.
Contact: 04-4541683, IFA sport, Dubai World Trade Center. Sheikh Saeed Hall. Starting June 23rd to August 21st. Aed 100 a day or Aed 350 a week. For more info visit : http://www.ifasport.com/
2. Funky Monkeys- This fun play area is hosting activities like art and craft, princess spa fun, etiquette classes, basic cooking, laser games and more for kids aged four and above.
Contact: 04- 388 4114, Funky Monkeys, Sheikh Zayed Road. Starting June 30th ro August 29th. Aed 500 a week. For more info visit Website: http://funkymonkeysuae.com/
3. Al Nasr Leisureland- Looking for an activity packed, fun and affordable summer camp? Look no further- This is the choicest pick of the affordable range. Al Nasr Leisureland offers activities ranging from cooking and baking, skating, billiards, squash, swimming, bowling, dance, henna,face painting and more.
Contact: 04- 337 1234, Al Nasr Leisure land, Oud Metha. Starting July 1st to August 1st. Aed 900 a month for children aged 7 to 13. Aed 1,050 a month for kids aged 3 to 6 years. For more info visit: http://www.alnasrll.com/