Fashion Forward unveils Designer lineup for Season Six
Fashion Forward is an evolution integrating a bi-annual staging from the regions well-established and rising fashion designers and innovators. It also hosts forums and discussions on fashion related subjects.Season six of Fashion Forward Dubai, is about to take the city by storm by playing host to some of the most talented designers and innovators from UAE and the wider region. The event will take place from October 22-25, at the The Madinat Jumeirah. Organizers have revealed a packed schedule and a list of participating brands for the S/S '16 event, which incorporates 30 catwalk shows and presentations by couture and ready-to-wear designers.
The fashionistas present at the unveiling event : from left - Roanne El-Alaili, Marcela Danielova, Sarah Hardan
Designer Salma Awwad (Sawwad) with SnehaRebecca (SignetRing)
Sneha Rebecca (SignetRing) with Leyla Brunton (LeylaB)
- The Catwalk designer list includes: Amato By Furne One, Dany Tabet, Dima Ayad, Endemage, Fatema Fardan, House of Nomad, Hussein Bazaza, Jelena Bin Dai, Lama Jouni, Mashael Alrajhi, Madiyah Al Sharqi, Michael Cinco, Nafsika Skourti, Orkalia, Saba Tark, Said Mahrouf, Starch Foundation Designers, Taller Marmo,Yousef Al-Jasmi, Zaroon By Zareena, and Zena Presley
- The presentation designers include: Amber Feroz, Amira Haroon, Army Of 1, Arwa Al Banawai, Bedouin, Bouguessa, Elio Abou Fayssal, Nasiba Hafiz and Zaid Farouki
- The Showcase list includes: Bint Thani, Alessa Designs, Bil Arabi, Athena Akhavan presented by Artware, Coup N.P presented by Artware, Janan presented by Artware, Maryam Khazali presented by Artware, Kismet by Milka presented by Boom and Mellow, Sarah's Bag presented by Boom and Mellow, Exocet, Grin, LalaQueen, Madiso, Narinée, Nathalie Trad, Precious by Francois Ayoub, Rosa Maria, Rula Galayini, Rym Jewelry, Seeme, The O Jewelry,Vik Jethwani, Vanina and Vinita Michael.
Highlights include talks by high profile and international fashion industry guests:
- Huda Kattan and her sister Mona will give a talk, “Building a Brand, the Huda Beauty Story,” on Thursday, October 22nd at 3pm.
- The Global President of M.A.C Cosmetics, Karen Buglisi Weilere, will discuss providing backstage artistry, On Friday, October 23rd at 4:30pm,
- Renowned fashion photographer and blogger, Scott Schuman of the Sartorialist, will give a talk on Saturday, October 24th at 4:30pm.
- The 'Business of Fashion' founder and CEO Imran Amed will speak on Saturday at 7:30pm.
Members of the public keen to attend any of the talks must register online at http://www.fashionforward.ae/register/
Bong Guerrero, FFWD chief executive and founder, says: “In the fashion landscape, we are very hot at the moment. Our designers are truly making waves abroad and it’s almost happening organically. The international fashion media are all looking at Dubai, so it’s a renaissance period for us to flourish,”
Maiha Alsuwaidi (Head of Business Development for Dubai Design District) Bong Guerrero (FFWD Chief Executive and Founder)
Fashion Forward Dubai Season Six Designer lineup unveiled at Magnolia, Al Qasr.